6 April 2010

Spring & Ting

"Thank you!" Spring for finally showing your sunny face today...
"Thank you!" Easter Holidays for giving me clear & quiet roads this morning...

After not getting to ride over Easter, a cycle on Frankie was just what I needed to start up the (short) week. Left home at 08:00 in the sunshine & took a leisurely pace... clear roads meant that I wasn't freaked by cars - I even managed not to get spooked by any Buses behind or in front of me.

Cycling back at 18:00 was really lovely: sun was still out and everything looked rather nice in my corner of East London from the Vélo view... I've discovered a set of Squirrels that live along the path I ride through too - will try and get pictures of them at some point. Anyway - as I don't lug my D80 around, this is the best I could do with my iPhone:

11 comments:

Lorenza said...

Great to hear it feels like spring... hopefully it'll come up our way too! Good panda shot! :) getting the hang of it then!! x

Lady Vélo said...

I'm sending Spring Vibes to you! London has been touched by it again today!

Is that what it's called, a "Panda Shot"? - sounds cute! Trying to do them, but I need a better camera than my iPhone - my DSLR is too heavy to carry around! x

Lorenza said...

ahh indeed! we had sushine and the cycle ride to work and back was just wonderful! yes 'panda shots' I don't know why or where the name has originated from... perhaps something that wiki can answer, no doubt ;) I use my fuji P&S... don't risk your DSLR, you don't want to drop that!

Lady Vélo said...

Hopefully I can get some wider-angle 'Panda Shots' as The Boy has bought himself a brand new camera, so I *might* get to borrow his rather cool Ricoh for bike rides! Yeah - the D80 is too heavy to lug about all the time - and I dread the idea of dropping it! x

m e l i g r o s a said...

hello lovely! :D looking great as usual.

here is some geeky info of where the nickname "panda" came about, scroll down to About: link
as well as plenty of geeky conversations under the Discussion tab.

this is her: link

xxo.meli <3

Dottie said...

That's a great picture. I've seen a lot of beautiful iPhone photos on blogs lately, intriguing.

I'm so happy that spring is spreading far and wide! Makes everyone happier :)

Lady Vélo said...

@ meligrosa: Hey! Thank you very much :) That's cool about the "Panda" links - thank you for those - I'll have to join and submit shots to it... love it! x

@ Dottie: Thank you! I have to get lucky with the natural light for iPhone shots to work... I must get a decent point'n'shoot soon :)

YES - Spring is *finally* spreading over here in the UK - has lifted the mood so much! x

Kara said...

That picture is totally cycle chic.

I have a Pashley too, so it is fun to follow the the adventures of fellow Princesses.

Lady Vélo said...

@ Kara: Thank you :) Yay - lovely to meet another Pashley Princess out there! Will need to check out your adventures too! x

Velouria said...

I like the gray + blue look for any season, so versatile and calming.

Lady Vélo said...

@ Velouria: Thank you :) They are colours that you can't go wrong with, whatever the season... :)