9 March 2015

The London Bike Show 2015 - VCG Highlights...

After being bedridden with my Asthma last month it feels good to be back in the land of the living and working on blog business again.

The first big event in my cycling calendar was the London Bike Show 2015. This year I was there as both a spectator and worker, as HOYVulpine launched at the show. It was pretty cool to see what we've all be working on for so long be revealed to the public and go live! The launch was one of my highlights of the show: We had an ace stand which included a beer pump (watch out Peggy Mitchell, I pull an 'alright' pint...) and of course Sir Chris Hoy joined us on Saturday to meet and talk to people about the design of the range with Vulpine.


Being there all weekend meant I could catch up with fellow cycling friends, and check out products and companies all with a shared love of bikes. I managed to have a walk around the huge venue to check out what else was going on, and these were some of VCG’s other highlights of LBS…


Drops x Rich Mitch Cycling Wallpaper: Surely one of the most interactive and addictive stands at the show… I could have spent a whole day surrounded by Sharpies working on this! Rich and Drops have partnered-up and created this special edition wallpaper, featuring cycling illustrations which you can colour in to your own specifications. By the end of the weekend it was a wall of colour and looked amazing... I already know I want a roll of this in my house! Pre-orders are being taken for the rolls which retail at £85 each... I say indulge yourself in a roll or 2 if you can.

Aprire Bicycles: Being the proud owner of a Celeste, I gravitated towards their stand to see the ace frames and builds they had on display. Having a natter with founder Phil Dempsey was great, especially as the main topic of discussion was the work being done on my road bike... more on that soon, but in the mean time, be sure to take a look at the new colour schemes Aprire have available for 2015.


An interview with Adele Mitchell: Having a Hot Chocolate break with one of my favourite female cycling bloggers isn't something that happens enough! I adore Adele, so when she and her husband popped over to our stand, we snuck off for a cheeky catch-up and to talk all things Women's Cycling and HOYVulpine. Roll on to our ride on Box Hill later this month too!


Bike Belle: It's all about beautiful baskets, big bold bells and snazzy jewellery for your bicycle here! Their selection of accessories was a cyclestyle explosion of colour and joy - a mix of the cute & kitsch through to classic designs, it was a treat looking at everything on their stand. I was even lucky enough to receive a sweet slice of cake from Gosia in the form of some valve caps...


Bike Biz Women Of The Year 2015:  At the end of 2014 and with the help of the public, Bike Biz put together a Women in Cycling List for 2015. This list recognises women from the sport itself to all areas of the industry. It came as an incredible surprise and honour to discover that I was on it. Bikes and blogging on VCG have formed a huge part of my life over the last 5 years, and to be on this list alongside such inspirational and strong women in the world of cycling really means a lot. There is certainly more to come in 2015, so thank you and please keep reading!
SHARE:

No comments

© V E L O C I T Y G I R L | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig